Friday, January 6, 2012

Woodgate 2011 - Week 1

Woodgate 2011 - December 26th 2011 -> 14 January 2012

Where did we go - Woodgate Beach Caravan Park

When - Dec 2011

How long did we stay - almost 3 weeks

Vehicle / Caravan - Patrol  + Expanda

Funny moments - Watching ABs face when her car sinks in sand on soft tracks

Where's Wally - Wally always comes to Woodgate. He slept in for a few days but we eventually got him out and about.

This years trip to Woodgate was a massive contrast to last. Beautiful blue skies and warm clean water. Our trip this year sees us staying for almost 3 weeks so we got to see lots of people come and go in the park.

Home for 3 weeks

Teachermum has a drive on the beach. Nice and firm here, like a highway

Lizzie was well behaved and kept a close eye out for her 3 kids

Breakfast is still a very important meal

Chilling with a real book

Another trip to the beach

Colin mounted a Video Camera to a kite - there's a story to that (see below)

Madi caught he first fish of the trip, a nice Flathead

Colin caught a Swallowtail Dart so we had enough for dinner

Plenty of live bait to be found this year

First time ever - Woodgate beach gets a Lifeguard. He's not kept too busy though

Let's mount a Video Camera on a Kite

Colin decided it would be a great idea to mount a Video Camera on a kite and fly it on the beach. The Camera mounted very well and there was plenty of good wind around. 
The kite launched quickly. The wind meant it was FAST. Twisting and turning over the beach and the water ... this was awesome. "The footage should be sweet."
A few minutes of flying and Colin started to consider how he'd land the kite. There was too much wind. There was not much room between the water and the trees at the beach. Colin decided the best thing was to do a vertical dive into the sand.
The kite hit the sand at MACH2, something snapped, the kite bounced back up, the wind caught it again and it zipped out of control into the trees. :(
"That's OK, we'll get it"
Upon retrieving the kite Colin saw the Camera was gone. The mount frame had cracked and let the Camera loose. The backup strap (think wrist strap) disconnected itself.
A 30 min intense search failed to recover the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment